How to register your business, venue or event as a Companion Card affiliate
Businesses, venues and event operators are encouraged to formally register their acceptance of the Companion Card by affiliating with the Program.
To affiliate with the Companion Card program:
Communities, Sport and Recreation
GPO Box 123
What does an affiliated business have to do?
In summary, affiliated businesses agree to:
- issue a Companion Ticket at no charge to cardholders who require a companion to provide attendant care to participate at their venue or event;
- display the Companion Card logo in a prominent position and where possible in promotional material; and
- abide by the Companion Card Affiliate Terms and Conditions
Benefits of business affiliation
Some of the benefits to your business of affiliation with the Companion Card program include:
- A positive public image for your organisation.
- Your organisation will be promoted as a key affiliate on the national Companion Card website, accessed by a growing number of cardholders around Australia.
- Affiliation is free and it is easy to incorporate recognition of the Companion Card into your organisation’s existing ticketing policies and practices.
- Your organisation can support the social inclusion of people with disability through fair ticketing.
- Potential to increase your customer base and encouraging repeat business.
- Assisting your organisation in meeting some of the obligations under anti-discrimination legislation. Anti-Discrimination Act 1998 (Tas) and the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (Cwlth).
- Affiliated venues and events will be sent a range of promotional materials and details regarding the Companion Card security features.
Business affiliation with the Companion Card program is free
Administration of the program is funded by the Tasmanian Government through Communities, Sport and Recreation, Department of Premier and Cabinet. Affiliation with the Companion Card program is free.
Who should affiliate?
If your organisation charges an admission or participation fee for its service, you should consider affiliating with the Companion Card program. Disability anti-discrimination legislation applies to all organisations, regardless of their size or the type of service provided.
List of organisations, venues and events affiliated with the Companion Card program
You will be joining over 4000 organisations around Australia that recognise the Companion Card. View the latest list of Tasmanian businesses who have formally agreed to accept the Companion Card.