Tasmanian Companion Card

Card renewal and replacement

Replacement cards

You can request a replacement card if:

  • you lose your Companion Card;
  • your Companion Card is stolen or damaged;
  • you change your name; or
  • your photograph needs to be updated.

To request a replacement card please call the Companion Card Program on 1800 009 501 or email companion.card@dpac.tas.gov.au.

Please note that to change the name on your Companion Card if you have recently been married or divorced, or if you have changed your name by Deed Poll, you will need to provide evidence that your name has been legally changed. Please send the Communities, Sport and Recreation a copy of supporting documentation (such as a marriage certificate). A replacement card will be posted to you.

Change of address

It is important to keep your personal contact details up to date so you can be contacted when you card is due for renewal.

Please call the Companion Card Program on 1800 009 501 or email companion.card@dpac.tas.gov.au to provide your change of address and contact details. A replacement card will not be issued for a change of address, as it does not affect the details on the card.

Card renewal

Companion Cards are printed with an expiry date. After this period, all cardholders will need to renew their card.

The renewal period is based on:

  • the physical life expectancy (wear and tear) of the card;
  • the requirement for photographs to accurately reflect the cardholder’s appearance; and
  • the potential for change in the support requirements for some cardholders.

You can apply for a new card up to six months before your existing card is due to expire. Contact CDD on 1800 009 501 for information on renewing your card.

Jump back to site navigation